[linux-lvm] How to place LVM2 metadata to other disks which don't belong to any volume group?

George Brian biangw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 07:15:22 UTC 2013

Hi£¬

thank for your reply.

I read about "lvm.conf" and "man pvcreate" and practice like your
instruction.
but it's hard to meet my expection.

I do as follows:
1, setting lvm.conf to dirs
2, pvcreate --pvmetadatacopies 0
3, vgcreate on pv
Aborting vg_write: No metadata areas to write to!

I indeed want to  store metadata in common disk such as /dev/sdb,
eventually to store all vg's metadata to one singe disk which specially
used to store metadata without data.

thanks