[linux-lvm] lvremove is not deleting the file system

Guy Rouillier guy.rouillier at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 03:28:36 UTC 2013

On 12/29/2013 9:00 PM, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 07:58:04PM -0500, Guy Rouillier wrote:
>> /dev/dell-vg/oraclelinux-root appears to contain an existing filesystem
>> (btrfs).
>> Error: Use the -f option to force overwrite.
>
> Does your version of xen-create-image offer a way to supply that -f?

I tried supplying the -f option to xen-create-image.  Unfortunately, it
did not alter the outcome.

> If you're running lvremove yourself before retrying, look into running
> wipefs manually on the device first.

Thank you, that solved the problem.  I was then able to run
xen-create-image again and it recreated the LVs.  To answer Sven's
question: "What is your actual intention?", I'm trying to rerun
xen-create-image so that I can create this xen virtual machine. I could
not do that because it failed trying to recreate the root LV.

--
Guy Rouillier

---