[linux-lvm] raid1 Failed to activate new LV

Marian Csontos mcsontos at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 13:23:29 UTC 2013

On 02/28/2013 10:32 AM, MOLLE Thomas wrote:
> kernel: lvcreate: sending ioctl 1261 to a partition!
> kernel: device-mapper: table: 252:8: raid: Unrecognised raid_type
> kernel: device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table

Hi, looking at RHEL6.3 kernel code there must be a corruption or
incompatibility somewhere between command line and kernel and raid1
should definitely be recognized.

Could you first try running the `lvcreate` command with `-vvvv`, please?

I see the lvm2 package is fairly recent. What about kernel? What do
`uname -a` and `dmsetup targets` say?

-- Marian