[linux-lvm] Forcing the lvconvert copy to be on a different physical disk

Alessandro MACUZ alessandro.macuz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 10:48:14 UTC 2013

Hi all,

in my company they want to use LVM to handle a transition period while
moving VM guests from local datastore to a NAS (via iSCSI)

An example with numbers is worth thousands of words.
The idea is to have one leg locally and one leg on the NAS, then we'll
remove the local leg and tha machine will run with the leg on the NAS.

So there are two MBR-partitioned vdisks, 10G each, and with one big LVM
partition (0x8e)

I have created one VG spanning both disks and one LV hosted on the local
disk.

How to tell lvconvert that the mirror, of the LV I want, must entirely be
hosted on the second disk?

Thanks,

Alex