[linux-lvm] Very slow i/o after snapshotting

Micky mickylmartin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 15:26:26 UTC 2013

> Well it's getting better every day (literally :)) (using git repo)
> The upstream is heavily moving towards some better automated support
> for recovery.
>
> You could download tools which are being extensively tested for recovery,
> lvm will create pool metadata spare LVs  for automated recovery
>
> So you have some choices:
> - very fast snaps - and harder recovery in case of hw fault
>
> - very slow snaps - but you could count on good old 'proven' technology.
>   (though you still could have fun with i.e. invalidated snaps)
>
> - write your own dm target to cover your needs.
>
> - using btrfs?

Quite fascinating. Definitely a new dimension and project seems
heading in right direction, there's no doubt. I already have had fun
(recently autoextend died on me after few extensions).

It might change the topic but I am just gonna put it out. THE Future
looks promising but that's what they said about KVM too (wink wink)!