[linux-lvm] LVM2 design document

Kumar amit mehta gmate.amit at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 00:29:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 07:20:25AM -0400, Kumar amit mehta wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 02:21:36AM -0400, Kumar amit mehta wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to learn LVM2 in detail, and for that I've cloned the git
> > repo and have been going through the sources for sometime, but I've not
> > made a significant progress so far, hence It would be very much helpful
> > to me if you can please point me to the design document(if available)
> > of LVM2, which gives a fair high level idea behind the design and the
> > important data structures.
>
> Thank you so much Alasdair for the pointers.

I've gone through the device-mapper document and I've also joined the
dm-devel mailing list. However on dm-devel mailing list, I see that the
discussion/patches is mostly around userspace library or utility. I
think all the device-mapper and friends code is under drivers/md/dm-*
Can you please give me some more pointers/ideas to proceed further from
here.

Thank you for your help.

!!amit