[linux-lvm] thin discards

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 03:12:14 UTC 2013

As a pure matter of opinion, I enjoy "fat provisioning" on my filesystems,
since I run a desktop and in theory it really cuts down on physical
fragmentation.

Snapshots are something I use whenever I need to make a fundamental
reconfiguration to the system as a whole that can't be done live, such as
resizing or reconfiguring the root filesystem.

This would preclude the unquestionable usage of thin volumes.