[linux-lvm] clvmd leaving kernel dlm uncontrolled lockspace

matthew patton pattonme at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 11:06:33 UTC 2013

--- On Thu, 6/6/13, Andreas Pflug <pgadmin at pse-consulting.de> wrote:

> On a machine being Xen host with 20+ running VMs I'd clearly
> prefer to clean those orphaned memory space and go on.... I

This is exactly why it is STRONGLY suggested you split your storage tier from your compute tier. The lowest friction method would be a pair that hold the disks (or access a common disk set) and export it as NFS. The compute nodes can speed things up with CacheFS for their local running VMs assuming you shepherd the live-migration process.

If the VMs all want to have a shared filesystem for a running app and the app can't be written to work safely with NFS (why not?) then you can run corosync and friends +GFS2 at that level.