[linux-lvm] LVM high availability

lihuiba magazine.lihuiba at 163.com
Sun Jun 23 14:32:02 UTC 2013

>>> 3) how about thin pool and volumes?
>>

>Thin-pool may be active on single-node only. In cluster only exclusive
>activation is allowed and can not be activated elsewhere even "read-only".
>
>It should work fine without cluster locking while read-only everywhere,
>except you can not enforce read-only on the pool. (There is a bug for that.)
>
>Attempting to write to pool active elsewhere, may render the pool's view
>corrupted on other nodes. So when writing to pool, you should at least
>deactivate the pool and all thin volumes on all other nodes, and
>reactivate afterwards.

I don't think out why thin volumes can not be active on multiple nodes even read-only.It is intuitive that activating thin volumes in read-only mode will neither change it's ownmeta-data nor the pool's.If I "force" the thin volumes to be active by, for example, changing the source code, what errors will occur?