[linux-lvm] LVM snapshot with Clustered VG [SOLVED]

Andreas Pflug pgadmin at pse-consulting.de
Wed Mar 13 15:14:16 UTC 2013

Hi Vladislav,

I finally succeeded making all working as expected!

What I did:
- compile corosync 2.3.0
(http://corosync.org/download/corosync-2.3.0.tar.gz)
- compile libqb 0.14.4
(https://fedorahosted.org/releases/q/u/quarterback/libqb-0.14.4.tar.gz)
- compile dlm_4.0.1
(http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/dlm.git/snapshot/dlm-4.0.1.tar.gz)
- Compiled LVM 2.2.98
(http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/lvm2.git/snapshot/lvm2-2_02_98.tar.gz)
    with your PREVIOUS patch (
https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2013-January/msg00006.html )

I made a 2-node test cluster, both accessing a test iscsi target, all
daemons load fine.
Everything works as expected! Snapshotting is possible after -aey
--force explicit exclusive locking, lvresize works as well.

Previously, I tried your latest patch. I had a plethiora of errors,
starting with lvcreate failing:

#metadata/lv_manip.c:4137     Clearing start of logical volume "testvol2"
#device/dev-cache.c:599       /dev/san2/testvol2: stat failed: No such
file or directory
#metadata/lv_manip.c:4140   /dev/san2/testvol2: not found: device not
cleared
#metadata/lv_manip.c:4620   Aborting. Failed to wipe start of new LV.

I need to add -Z n to have it created. After that, most activations
failed, with error code 5. I  went back to vanilla 2.2.98, all ok except
exclusive locking, applied the initial locking patch and voila! All done.

Thanks for your support!
Andreas