[linux-lvm] Alert before LVM snapshot becomes full

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Wed May 29 15:15:43 UTC 2013

Dne 29.5.2013 09:56, Loïc napsal(a):
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to raise my problem because I have not found the answer to my
> question by searching on the Internet. Hoping that one of you had experience
> with this kind of problem.
>
> I'm looking for a way to launch a script or disable an LVM snaphot before it
> becomes full.
> For example I would like to launch a script that will umount the LVM snapshot
> and delete it if it reaches 90%. That is to avoid LVM issue when snapshot is full.
>
> Any ideas ?

Write dmeventd plugin - similar as you can find in upstream git source tree.

BTW - what's is the point to delete it 90% and delete it when it's invalid ?

If you don't need the snapshot you should remove it instantly - since it's
impact system performance.

And if you need it - it's probably more useful to extend the snapshot.

Zdenek