[linux-lvm] Re : Re: GRUB boot problem with lvm mirror type raid1

georges.giralt at free.fr georges.giralt at free.fr
Mon Apr 14 09:51:34 UTC 2014

----- Mail d'origine -----
De: Peter Rajnoha <prajnoha at redhat.com>
À: gk180984 at interia.pl
Cc: LVM general discussion and development <linux-lvm at redhat.com>
Envoyé: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 11:40:36 +0200 (CEST)
Objet: Re: [linux-lvm] GRUB boot problem with lvm mirror type raid1

On 04/14/2014 10:42 AM, gk180984 at interia.pl wrote:
> Hi
> I want to ask it is possible boot root file system (via GRUB) from LVM RAID1 volume?
> I can boot root file system (with /boot) from linera LVM volume and from mirror volume, but when I create raid1 mirror GRUB can't boot from it:
>
> lvconvert --type raid1 -m1 gsys/vsys
>
> LVM mirror is work:
> lvconvert -m1 gsys/vsys
>
> I have two disk and use only LVM, not other raid software. GRUB have lvm module.

Grub doesn't support LVM RAID1 (it supports only RAID 4/5/6 type IIRC).

However, I don't recommend using /boot on LVM at the moment since
grub support for LVM is limited and unofficial. There's a plan to add
official and more robust support though - there are ongoing discussions
between grub and LVM team...

--
Peter
Hello !