[linux-lvm] lvmetad hang...

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Mon Aug 18 11:33:15 UTC 2014

Dne 15.8.2014 v 19:33 Pirate Fibonacci napsal(a):
> *
> *
> Greeting All...
>
> I've been using the lvm2py lib. after a predictable number usages of my
> application, it appears that lvmetad halts. below is the relevant line from
> top. upon kill the hung instance, my application will continue.
>

> 20807 root      20   0 23.934g  29356   3952 R  98.8  0.0  57:13.67 lvmetad
>
> ^^^^r^       ^^^^^^^^^^
>                                                                      % cpu usage
>
> any useful comments on what this maybe?
>
> where may I find the source code for lvmetad ?

Hi

lvmetad is part of lvm2 source base spread in couple places:

lvm2/daemons/lvmetad
lmv2/libdaemon
lmv2/libdm

Usually it's best to attach to running lvmetad and explore it in gdb
(getting backtrace)

Also be sure you run with latest version - fixing bug in a year old code is
not usually helpful.

It's also good if you could prepare a reproducer case (so it could be placed
in test suite)

Zdenek