[linux-lvm] howto cache a thinpool-device?

Brassow Jonathan jbrassow at redhat.com
Tue Aug 19 23:34:40 UTC 2014

If it was me, I would put the thinMetaLV directly on the fast device (because it is small) and I would cache the thinDataLV.

Remember that some of what you are doing is pretty cutting edge.  I wouldn't yet use caching + thin in production yet.

Also, consider making your thin devices redundant (if they are not already via backend storage).

 brassow