[linux-lvm] Full DRDB device on LVM is now unusable

Seb A 4jngrhkk3c at snkmail.com
Wed Feb 5 17:11:35 UTC 2014

Many thanks for your help Zdenek.  As you know, we were able to able to get
the volume mounted on 'Openfiler2' by changing the LVM filter rules.  What
was very strange, is that they had been working fine for over 2 years.  And
that fixing the rules prevented the volume being displayed in the output
from lvscan and lvdisplay.  Updating the lvm2 package fixed this display
though - but only on Openfiler2.  After our conversation, I made the same
changes to 'Openfiler1' and it was not able to see the volumes in lvscan and
lvdisplay - until I reverted the change to filter rules (but kept the newer
lvm2 package) to the one I had been using for years.  So, it is still a bit
of a mystery.  But the main thing is that it is working now - and I know
where to look if it happens again.

Kind regards,

Seb A