[linux-lvm] Request to spin a new version of LVM2 to support ppc64le

ARAVINDA B THUNUGUNTLA athunugu at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jan 15 12:27:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am working on a new architecture - ppc64le (powerpc 64-bit Little
Endian) and I am building LVM2 package on our ppc64le environment
downloaded from ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/lvm2/LVM2.2.02.104.tgz
<www.libssh2.org/download/libssh2-1.4.3.tar.gz>
I found that LVM2 would require a patch to config.guess [or needs to
pick up the latest automake (1.13.4 or above) version] from upstream.

The latest config.guess which has ppc64le patch can be found at :
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.guess;hb=HEAD.

Can you please pick this up and spin a new version which would support
ppc64le?

Please let me know if you need any help.

Thanks and Regards,
Aravind