[linux-lvm] thinpool metadata size

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Fri Mar 14 02:39:06 UTC 2014

I can, and I guess I will :), it just adds a little extra volatility and
work. Maybe by the time the next long-term stable after 3.12 gets picked
thin provisioning and cache will have settled down enough to go with it.

> I'm not sure if the tool tracks the rate of change.  It may account for
> worst case of _every_ block for the provided number of thin devices
> _not_ being shared.

Interesting, then after I added an extra order of magnitude padding for the
number of snapshots, it's probably quite over allocated. But still, again
2.5G isn't very much in the scale of things.

Thanks.