[linux-lvm] How do I remove a locked Logical Volume ([pvmove0]) left over after a disk error?

Derek Dongray derek at inverchapel.me.uk
Sat Mar 29 12:02:32 UTC 2014

> pvmove --abort has to work - unless you have some ancient version of lvm2 tools?

The first thing I tried, several times, including with '--force', no
effect. The fact that the system allows move on the same LV I was
trying to move when it failed would inidicate that it's not in a state
where a pvmove is considered to be in progress.

> What's the vresion in use ?

# lvm version
  LVM version:     2.02.104(2) (2013-11-13)
  Library version: 1.02.83 (2013-11-13)
  Driver version:  4.26.0

It the current Debian testing version. Kernel 3.12-1-686-pae.

> (You could always hack your lvm2 metadata in 'vi' - if you know what you
> are doing...)

I'm beginning to think that's the only way to get rid of it. Of course, the
other solution is to simply ignore it as it doesn't seem to cause any
problem!

Derek.

--
Derek.