[linux-lvm] /dev/mapper entries

Umar Draz unix.co at gmail.com
Tue May 13 05:53:36 UTC 2014

Hi All

I have 2 systems where I have shared SAN sotrage, I am using LVM without
cluster.

If I create a logical volume on server1 and then on server2 (vgchange
--refresh or vgchange -a y) I can get that logical volume on server2 as
well.

The same thing I am using on volume deletion e.g.

If I remove volume from server1 its properly remove the volume and also all
of its entries, and then I refresh the volume group on server2 its also
refresh its self but a entry in /dev/mapper not removing

how to refresh this /dev/mapper/ on other server while deleting volumes

Br.

Umar