[linux-lvm] /dev/mapper entries

Marian Csontos mcsontos at redhat.com
Tue May 13 07:14:20 UTC 2014

On 05/13/2014 07:53 AM, Umar Draz wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have 2 systems where I have shared SAN sotrage, I am using LVM without
> cluster.

Hello Umar,
which version of lvm and what distribution? There is lvmetad in newer
versions of LVM and you may need to rescan PVs (pvscan --cache $PV)

However using shared storage without cluster locking is nothing but
asking for trouble...

It is advised to either partition the storage (set zones or whatever the
SAN allows) or to set global_filter/filter on both machines so each of
the machines sees only appropriate LUNs it is intended to see and use.

Regards,

-- Martian