[linux-lvm] Setting readahead for Logical Volumes via udev

Marian Csontos mcsontos at redhat.com
Thu May 22 07:07:49 UTC 2014

On 05/20/2014 05:37 PM, David Wittman wrote:
> Hey Peter,
>
> Thanks for the response. I've previously tried the "change" action, and
> adding the specifier for the DM_ACTIVATION environment variable had no
> effect. I'm also aware of the capability to set the readahead on a
> per-volume basis, but I'm looking for a solution which handles setting
> these values at boot time and/or volume creation time.

Hi David, may be I do not understand your requirements but the
`--readahead` option does set the parameter at volume creation time and
during boot time.

Seeing you use star in the rules, looks like you want to change default
when new LV is created: there is `readahead` setting in the lvm.conf
file to do that.

-- Martian