Re: [linux-lvm] Setting readahead for Logical Volumes via udev

On 05/20/2014 05:37 PM, David Wittman wrote:
Hey Peter,

Thanks for the response. I've previously tried the "change" action, and
adding the specifier for the DM_ACTIVATION environment variable had no
effect. I'm also aware of the capability to set the readahead on a
per-volume basis, but I'm looking for a solution which handles setting
these values at boot time and/or volume creation time.

Hi David, may be I do not understand your requirements but the `--readahead` option does set the parameter at volume creation time and during boot time.

Seeing you use star in the rules, looks like you want to change default when new LV is created: there is `readahead` setting in the lvm.conf file to do that.

-- Martian