[linux-lvm] LVM VG is not activated during system boot

MegaBrutal megabrutal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 22:27:02 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I use Ubuntu, and several weeks ago I asked a question about LVM here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/542656/lvm-vg-is-not-activated-during-system-boot

Unfortunately, I didn't receive any answers.

I don't know if my problem is distro-specific or not, but I try to ask here
too.

I have 2 VGs on my system, and for some reason, only one of them gets
activated during the initrd boot sequence, which doesn't have my root LV,
so my boot sequence halts with an initrd prompt. I already specified in
lvm.conf that I wish both my VGs to be auto-activated with
auto_activation_volume_list, but it has no effect.

Could anyone please advise what might be the problem?

MegaBrutal