[linux-lvm] mixed ssd/disk szenario question: moving lv from ssd ->disk?

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Thu Nov 27 09:27:26 UTC 2014

Dne 23.11.2014 v 12:47 Oliver Rath napsal(a):
> Hi Matthew,
>
> i have to correct my last email: This works also with thinpool-lvs!
> Better said: There was no error message executing  this command. Will
> walk on this way for more reults. Maybe the lvconvert-manpage is outdated?
>
> Tfh!
> Oliver

Hi

I'm somehow missing the point here.

Could you please show us  'lvs -a -o+seg_pe_ranges'

Normally when you make a thin volume snapshot, the snapshot is sharing your
blocks within thin-pool.  So no space is allocated on any SSD for this.
(And you cannot specify which block will be used in a thin-pool)

If you would be using 'old-snapshot' which does allocate 'extra' space for COW
block -then you would probably see horrible performance with 200 snapshots...

And finally - standard command for moving extents around in a VG is - 'pvmove'.

Regards

Zdenek