[linux-lvm] thin pool and discards

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Thu Oct 9 14:19:59 UTC 2014

Dne 9.10.2014 v 15:19 Vasiliy Tolstov napsal(a):
>> Thanks! Rhel kernel works fine for me. Does it possible to send needed
>> patches to stable for all other users ?=) As i see this commit does
>> not in 3.10 stable now.
>

> AS i see i have another issue. I don't know how created some thinp
> volumes, but on some of them i'm able to get back space after discard,
> but on some not. How can i debug this ?

Please mention which kernel do you use - there have been patches
related to discard on thin volumes (pretty resent - kernel 3.14 I think).

If you use old stable 3.10  from vanilla kernel it simply cannot be compared
with 3.10  RHEL kernel -  they are very different (RHEL has ton of stuff
backported even from the latest kernels)

So - please try first with upstream to see if you problem is not already fixed.

Zdenek