[linux-lvm] Setting up LVM cache causes crash

Mike Snitzer snitzer at redhat.com
Thu Oct 30 22:45:36 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 30 2014 at 12:41pm -0400,
Brassow Jonathan <jbrassow at redhat.com> wrote:

> Elvin,
>
> One of the bugs I referenced earlier has been fixed upstream.  You may need to grab the latest upstream LVM and kernel sources.  If you are waiting to see this fixed in a distribution, the earliest is likely to be rhel7.1 (followed by rhel6.7).
>
> If you continue to have issues like this, please contact the dm-devel mailing list (CC’ed on this mail).

We actually would rather a RHEL bug get a proper redhat bugzilla, but
yes, this issue that Elvin reported against RHEL7 appears identical to
this BZ: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1080894

I have no initial reason to believe this issue is RHEL-only (meaning it
likely exists upstream too). I've gone ahead and made the bug public now.