[linux-lvm] Setting up LVM cache causes crash

Brassow Jonathan jbrassow at redhat.com
Tue Sep 2 22:00:07 UTC 2014

On Aug 25, 2014, at 11:45 AM, Elvin Cako wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Kernel:
> 3.10.0-123.6.3.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Aug 6 21:12:36 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> Issue:
> In trying to set up the new LVM caching, I've run into some issues. I have followed the steps in the lvm manual:

Thanks for trying LVM caching.

My first guess is that not all the devices are visible to LVM when it tries to construct the LVs.  This could have been due to MD running after lvmetad - I'm not sure.  However, testing without lvmetad (as you have done) should have yielded different results then.  Even without the devices being visible, 'vgchange' should not crash.

We could use a couple pieces of information:
1) what is the verbose trace of 'vgchange -ay'?  (Add '-vvvv' for "very verbose" and capture the output.)

2) What do you mean by "crash"?  Does the system go down?  Does the command hang or segfault?

 brassow