[linux-lvm] lvremove does not pass discards if volume is part of thin pool

Peter Rajnoha prajnoha at redhat.com
Wed Aug 12 07:46:37 UTC 2015

On 08/11/2015 04:35 PM, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> I'll have to defer to the lvm2 developers, I thought we added explicit
> logging when lvm2 issues discards (as part of lvremove, etc) -- Peter,
> and/or Alasdair?

Yes, we log that like (visible in the verbose -vvv output):

  "Discarding X extents offset Y sectors on /dev/Z."

Also, when removing a volume, we issue this message:

# lvremove vg1/lvol0
Do you really want to remove and DISCARD logical volume lvol0? [y/n]:

For this, the "devices/issue_discards=1" must be set - it's not
by default.

--
Peter