[linux-lvm] Possible bug in expanding thinpool: lvextend doens't expand the top-level dm-linear device

M.H. Tsai mingnus at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 02:27:20 UTC 2015

Hi,

Sorry, what's the purpose of commit cd8e95d9337207a8f87a6f68dc9b1db7e3828bbf ?

Another issue is, the current code suspends the first thin volume
(just the first one!)
while extending a thinpool, which is unnecessary and also harms IO performance.

Also, If the top-level "fake" pool device is unimportant, why not
remove it, or simply
make tp1 as a thin-pool target? It seems that the commit 00a45ca4 want
to do this,
it removes the -tpool layer while activating a new thinpool. But if
there are thin
volumes, the -tpool layer back again. This make me confused -- Do we really need
layers?

Thanks,
Ming-Hung Tsai