[linux-lvm] deleted LV recovery: understanding metadata format and determining LV extents

matthew patton pattonme at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 13:12:37 UTC 2015

you're right. the PV,XXXX is to enumerate where the extents start and would be more interesting if you had multiple PV in the VG and interleaved the LV across them or otherwise had multiple disjoint elements for a LV that had been grown over time.

Interesting that LVM leaves a an extent at the front unused. I wonder why. metadata and such I thought was stored outside the extent area.