[linux-lvm] Slow response from lvs and vgs commands

John Griffith john.griffith8 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 21:05:39 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Wondering if anybody had any info on why lvs and vgs commands may be
taking up to 3 minutes to respond?  In my particular case I'm running
Ubuntu 14.04 as a KVM Instance, with the default version of LVM2
(2.02.98).

There's not anything overly interesting going on with the system, I've
had as few as 1 Volume and as many as 5 when this occurs.  The only
thing that may be unique is that this is during testing so there's a
lot of create/delete activity taking place.  Don't know if that might
have anything to do with it.

I'm wondering if there's something I should be looking at more closely
to debug this, or if there's a way to filter the lvs and vgs commands
to make them more efficient?

Thanks,
John