[linux-lvm] Boot problems

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue Jun 16 14:27:50 UTC 2015

Hello,

I boot my virtal machines from LVM and one of them has boot problems.

Sometimes it boots fine, but 3 out of 4 times I see systemd messages
about start jobs. After some timeouts I see:

(1 of 2) A start job is running for Activation of LV... 9s / no limit)

Because everything is on LVM I think the problem is the activation of LVM.

I have 2 more virtual machines made from the same image, so very
identical. But they don't have problems. The libivirt, grub, and LVM
configuration is identical.

It are KVM/Qemu virtual machines with qcow2 images.
The host is Debian7, so a bit old. The guests are Debian8.

Any ideas how to debug this problem?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

https://www.vandervlis.nl/