[linux-lvm] Removing disk from raid LVM

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Wed Mar 11 15:57:43 UTC 2015

Libor,

Can you please post the output of the following commands, so that we
can understand your setup and see what's really going on here.  More
info is better than less!

  cat /proc/partitions
  pvs -v
  pvdisplay
  vgs -v
  vgdisplay
  lvs -v
  lvdisplay

and if you have PVs which are NOT on top of raw partitions, then
include cat /proc/mdstat as well, or whatever device tool you have.

Basically, we're trying to understand how you configured your setup
from the physical disks, to the volumes on them.  I don't care much
about the filesystems, they're going to be inside individual LVs I
assume.

John