[linux-lvm] mirror volume split

Anatoly Pugachev matorola at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 09:17:16 UTC 2015

Hello!

Trying to split one of mirror volumes :

# lvs
  LV                  VG   Attr       LSize   Pool Origin Data%  Meta%
Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert
  gatewayVol          vg1  rwi-aor---
8.00g                                    100.00

# lvconvert --splitmirrors 1 -n split1 vg1/gatewayVol
# lvs
  LV                  VG   Attr       LSize   Pool Origin Data%  Meta%
Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert
  gatewayVol          vg1  -wi-ao----   8.00g
  split1              vg1  -wi-a-----   8.00g

converting original volume back to mirror configuration, leaving split1
volume intact:

# lvconvert -m1 vg1/gatewayVol
  device-mapper: create ioctl on vg1-gatewayVol_rimage_1 failed: Device or
resource busy
  Failed to lock logical volume vg1/gatewayVol.

# lvs
  LV                  VG   Attr       LSize   Pool Origin Data%  Meta%
Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert
  gatewayVol          vg1  -wi-ao----   8.00g
  gatewayVol_rimage_1 vg1  -wi-------   8.00g
  gatewayVol_rmeta_0  vg1  -wi-a-----   4.00m
  gatewayVol_rmeta_1  vg1  -wi-a-----   4.00m
  split1              vg1  -wi-a-----   8.00g

So, what I should do now? What is rimage* and rmeta* ? How do I get rid of
them, preserving data on gatewayVol and split1 volumes?

Thanks.

PS: opensuse 13.2

# lvm version
  LVM version:     2.02.114(2) (2014-11-28)
  Library version: 1.03.01 (2014-11-28)
  Driver version:  4.27.0