[linux-lvm] md: personality for level 1 is not loaded

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Fri Oct 30 13:23:49 UTC 2015

I find it is important with md to make sure your /boot or / if you do not have one uses metadata version 0.90 which sticks the metadata at the end of the disk, not the beginning. Grub does not really understand metadisk however a mirrored fs with metadata at the end can be read read only like a normal fs, and that is how it works.

James