[linux-lvm] Thin Pool Performance

shankha shankhabanerjee at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:34:45 UTC 2016

Hi,
I had just one thin logical volume and running fio benchmarks. I tried
having the metadata on a raid0. There was minimal increase in
performance. I had thin pool zeroing switched on. If I switch off
thin pool zeroing initial allocations were faster but the final
numbers are almost similar. The size of the thin poll metadata LV was
16 GB.
Thanks
Shankha Banerjee