[linux-lvm] is lvmcache really ready?

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Mon Apr 25 15:21:12 UTC 2016

Joe Thornber schreef op 25-04-2016 13:49:
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 04:50:01PM +0000, Xen wrote:
>> The reason I'm wanting to use it at this point is to speed up
>> booting (although unimportant) but mostly to make a more snappy
>> system while running, ie. for instance just application startup.
>
> I doubt it'll speed up booting, which occurs infrequently so dm-cache
> will not have reason to promote those blocks above others.

Thank you. I'm not really concerned with boot speeds, the other person
was. It depends on how I am going to organize the thing. But it is
probably going to be used for runtime stuff more.

Especially if the thing fills up I expect boot time information not to
be in that cache, you're right.

Thanks. You people do inspire some confidence :) ;-) :).

Regards.