[linux-lvm] about the lying nature of thin

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Fri Apr 29 13:16:12 UTC 2016

Gionatan Danti schreef op 29-04-2016 12:06:

> Let me add one important use case: have fast, flexible snapshots.

One more huge reason for using it in a desktop system.

I didn't know about the performance benefits.

I just know that providing snapshot space in advance by registering in
advance LVs for that purpose, is not a good way of working (for me, or
anyone).

Although the idea of using LVM thin to provide only a single thin volume
might be rather odd ;-).

Still, the snapshotting is clearly superior to that of traditional LVM,
right?

Regards.