[linux-lvm] device-mapper: thin: 253:2: pool target (4105216 blocks) too small: expected 492672

Brian J. Murrell brianjmurrell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 22:11:04 UTC 2016

I have a bit of an urgent/emergency situation here unfortunately.  It
seems I have run into this:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2016-May/msg00092.html

again, this time on a centos7 machine.

When this happened last time, in this message

https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2016-June/msg00003.html

 Zdenek Kabelac was able to give me a fixed config that I could
vgcfgrestore to get access to my thin pool back.  Best would be if I
could get an explanation how to get that fixed config.  But if need be
I can provide that 1MB of the disk to be repaired by somebody
else.  I'd really like to learn how to do this myself though, if
somebody would be so kind.

As soon as I send this I will get that 1MB extracted and posted
somewhere in case it's just easier to provide a fixed config rather
than the how-to fix it instructions.

Many many thanks in advance for being able to look at this.  The
machine that suffered this kind of at the center of everything here.

Cheers,
b.