[linux-lvm] [dm-crypt] LVM on LUKS: volumes missing

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Thu Jun 2 15:20:43 UTC 2016

Dne 2.6.2016 v 17:09 fauno napsal(a):
> On 02/06/16 11:50, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> This was not a full lvm2 -vvvv trace output - unless you would be using
>> a modified lvm2 source code base.
>>
>> 'pvscan -vvvv --cache device  &>out'
>>

>> Also please provide full lvm2 package version eventually reference to
>> package
>> with sources (and extra patches) (link).
>

> i can't confirm the version now, but it was lvm2 from trisquel belenos
> (ubuntu trusty, lvm2 2.02.98 it seems[^0]), the hd was running archlinux
> with latest lvm2 from repos.  i can try later with a more modern lvm2.
>
> the pvscan output was exactly that though, i just selected it from the
> terminal i was using.  see it finished with error 5, perhaps that's why
> it's incomplete?
>

> thanks!

So in your case any usage of lvmetad seems rather irrelevant.
(it's been freshly deployed daemon in that age for testing...)

It's unclear where have you get use_lvmpolld in your config file
since I'm sure it's not been in 2.02.98  (introduced around 2.02.120)

So are you mixing usage of various lvm2 versions ?

What does     'vgscan -vvvv'  shows on decrypted partition?

Also please provide output of:

dmsetup table
dmsetup status

And yeah  2.02.98 is somewhat out-of-date....
(Make sure your systems' & initramdisk version are somewhat matching)

Regards

Zdenek