[linux-lvm] thin: 235:2 pool target (735616 blocks) too small: expected 809216

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Jun 2 19:27:18 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-06-02 at 14:15 +0200, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
> Yep that might explain 'missing' surrouding details...
> Basically any write might result in thin-pool running out of
> threshold
> and requireing new space

Ahhh.  I was wondering if the resize in question could be some kind of
implicit resizing done by the "hidden" thin-pool maintenance.  I'm
fairly sure he knows zilch about LVM and resizing.  :-)

>  - what's unclear is the later failure which
> would be really good to know....

Is there anything in particular I can look for in the logs that would
indicate when this implicit resizing was happening to look for other
activity that might have caused a problem?

> Ops  - so once again ;)

Cheers.  :-)

b.