[linux-lvm] LVM cache/dm-cache questions.

sergei sergei.franco at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 00:36:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have a few simple questions regarding relatively new feature LVM
cache/dm-cache.

 From second hand information on internet, it appears that you cannot
resize cached volume.
Please correct me if I am wrong: to resize a cached volume, one needs to
lvremove the cache, resize and recreate the cache?

In scenario where cache device fails, how safe is the data on the cached
LVM?

Is it possible to make snapshots of the cached device?

Before I test these things I will need to upgrade distribution (as the
release I am on does not have the LVM cache), which means switching to
systemd (I would rather avoid, if LVM cache does not fail gracefully).

Thank you very much!

Sergei.