[linux-lvm] Running lvm2 regression tests

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 18:15:08 UTC 2016

Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>
>> I am having a problem with building LVM2.2.02.155 from source.
>>
>> Actually, the build is OK:
>>
>> ./configure --prefix=/usr       \
>>              --exec-prefix=      \
>>              --enable-applib     \
>>              --enable-cmdlib     \
>>              --enable-pkgconfig  \
>>              --enable-udev_sync
>>
>> make
>> sudo make install
>>
>> My problem comes when I try to run some checks:
>>
>> sudo make -k check_local
>>
>> In this case every test times out.  I killed the tests after two hours.
>> The journal shows things like:
>>
>> ndev-vanilla:api/dbustest.sh started
>> ndev-vanilla:api/dbustest.sh timeout

> dbus support is highly experimental and likely full of bugs.
> It's not even supported - it's purely  proof-of-concept.

> For now  use  'make check_local S=dbustest'  to skip this one...

I wasn't clear enough.  *ALL* the tests time out for me.

As a test, I rebuilt the kernel enabling CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y and the
tests now work.  Too bad that this is not documented.  Perhaps a mention
of the kernel requirements for the regression tests in the README or
INSTALL files would be appropriate.

   -- Bruce