[linux-lvm] Unable to find device with UUID XXX.

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Wed May 25 16:40:44 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 04:03:21PM +0200, Marian Csontos wrote:
> On 05/18/2016 09:44 PM, Brian McCullough wrote:
> >
> >This is not looking good.
>
> No, it is not :-(

> And it is also off topic for this list.

Agreed.  That is why I haven't bothered with any more questions here.
First I have to fix the hardware issue, and then get back to the pvmove,
which is how this started.

> Try googling the disk model. Then
> try to get help on a more appropriate place than here, e.g. on superuser, or
> a mailing list (like ddrescue's) where you are more likely to get answers
> from data rescue experts.

Yes, good suggestions.  I have local people who have had drive issues in
the past and had good success with ddrescue.

I am collecting tools and replacement drives, as well as exploring all
of these avenues.

Thanks again,
Brian