[linux-lvm] LVM RAID5 out-of-sync recovery

Slava Prisivko vprisivko at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 19:00:46 UTC 2016

Hi!

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 9:49 AM Giuliano Procida <giuliano.procida at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Slava, the main problem I had was that LVM forbade many operations
> while I had a PV missing.
>
> In your case, apparently, all PVs are present. So I suggest the following:
>
> 1. examine the recent history in /etc/lvm/archive
> 2. diff each transition and see if you can understand what has
> happened at each stage
> 3. vgcfgrestore the most recent version that you think will allow you
> to activate your array, you can work backwards incrementally
> 4. check kernel logs!
> 5. scrub (resync) the array if needed

Since I cannot resync manually using your code and there are not MISSING
flags in /etc/lvm/archive and the different event count for the three
rmetas it seems it would not be helpful, would it?

I diffed the status quo of /etc/lvm/archive with the state before the
troubles and there is no significant difference and there is no difference
in IDs and no MISSING flags.