[linux-lvm] Shared LUN without CLM

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 11:46:12 UTC 2016

Dne 20.9.2016 v 18:07 Руденко Александр napsal(a):
> Hi, friends.
>
> I have strange question)
>
> I have one shared LUN on many different hosts.
> LUN is PV in some VG.
>
> Each hosts can make any operation in this VG - create LV, remove LV, resize LV, etc.
> If i want access to same LV on same host, i take "lvscan" and "lvchange -aey /dev/VG/LV_name".
> I'm sure can't two modification VG in same time.
>
> It work fine for me.
>
> My question.
>
> Can i not use the CLVM extension?
>
> CLVM is great extension for LVM, but i will have more 100 nodes.
> This count not supported in corosync.

There is now (slowly) introduce another clustered locking support where
the instead of 'dlm' locking engine it's using  'sanlock'

It's targeting the 'many-nodes' clusters, might be likely worth to check.

It has some advantages over clvmd/dlm and on the other hand some features are
missing (i.e. remove node activation).

But from the context you've show - it seems like it might be a good fit to
start playing with..

Regards

Zdenek