[linux-lvm] Snapshot behavior on classic LVM vs ThinLVM

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Sat Apr 15 21:22:58 UTC 2017

Gionatan Danti schreef op 14-04-2017 20:59:
> Il 14-04-2017 19:36 Xen ha scritto:
>> The thing is just dismounted apparently; I don't even know what causes
>> it.
>>

> Maybe running "iotop -a" for some hours can point you to the right
> direction?

I actually think it is enough if 225 extents get written. The snapshot
is 924 MB or 250-25 extents.

I think it only needs to write in 225 different places on the disk (225
different 4MB sectors) to fill the snapshot up.

Cause there is no way in hell that an actual 924 MB would be written,
because the entire system is not more than 5GB and the entire systemd
journal is not more than maybe 28 MB :p.