[linux-lvm] thin volume usage report

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Sun Apr 16 10:27:39 UTC 2017

Xen schreef op 16-04-2017 11:47:

> This script will take a thin pool as a parameter (or search for all
> existing)
> and obtain all non-snapshot volumes.

Currently though it will paste the reports together in parallel if it
finds more than one pool :p

      name             pct      size        name             pct
size
      ------------------------------
------------------------------
      crazy             0%     0.00m        data          38.66%
15.43g
      ------------------------------ +      home           8.22%
3.28g
      total             0%     0.00m        sites         33.55%
13.39g

------------------------------ +
      reported       0.00%     0.00m        total         80.43%
32.11g
      available    100.00%    32.00m
      ------------------------------ +      reported      80.50%
32.13g
      full size    100.00%    32.00m        available     19.50%
7.78g

------------------------------ +
                                            full size    100.00%
39.91g

I don't know how many thin pools people might have :p.

I guess I should make a number of forms available but it is so much work
:p.

Lol.

Current version is at :
http://www.xenhideout.nl/scripts/thin_size_report.sh.txt

Running it will crash your system and send your brain contents to NASA.

But it might also produce the above output or something similar.

It needs access to /sbin/lvs and /sbin/vgdisplay but I guess there is
really only one binary.