[linux-lvm] ubuntu xenial + lvmlockd

Charles Koprowski cko at audaxis.com
Thu Apr 20 09:26:18 UTC 2017

> On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 06:14:54PM +0200, Charles Koprowski wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to set up a shared VG between 2 ubuntu servers (xenial) using
> > lvmlockd for locking.
> >
> > Unfortunately, even if the default config (lvm.conf) mentions the
> > possibillity to use lvmlockd (use_lvmlockd = 1), I cannot find any trace
> of
> > the daemon lvmlockd or lvmlockctl tool in ubuntu.
> >
> > Does anyone already done this before ?
> >
> > Do I have to build lvm from source in order to use lvmlockd ?
>
> I'd guess that lvm was not built with lvmlockd support, in which case you
> would need to rebuild it with one or both of --enable-lockd-sanlock,
> --enable-lockd-dlm (and I'm going to rename those options to be "lvmlockd"
> in a minute.)

Thank you David !

Would you consider the use of lvmlockd + sanlock as "production ready" ?

My goal here is to replace an existing cluster of 5 nodes using clvmd + dlm
+ corosync to access a shared VG of 6 TB containing around 300 LVs.

The current solution is working fine but I find using dlm + corosync "just"
for locking a bit overkill.

Regards,

Charles