[linux-lvm] discard with luks and the FS itself

Sven Eschenberg sven at whgl.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Feb 13 13:08:11 UTC 2017

Depends on your storage stack configuration, but the answer is mostly yes:
cryptsetup has discard disabled by default, for very good reasons.
filesystems vary, so you'd have to check on your particular filesystem
documentation.

That's probably why you cannot find the ultimate answer - there's none.

Regards

-Sven