[linux-lvm] Two questions about lvm-cache

Raman Gupta rocketraman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 15:29:33 UTC 2017

On 02/01/17 10:15 AM, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
> Dne 29.12.2016 v 14:52 Raman Gupta napsal(a):
>> I am trying out the lvmcache functionality. So far, everything looks
>> great. I have two questions:
>>
>> 1) The man page of lvmcache states "With the --cachemode option, the
>> cache mode can be set when creating a cache LV, or changed on an
>> existing cache LV." However, I can't figure out the right command to
>> change the cache mode on an existing LV.
>

> Hi
>

> 'change' of cachemode  is  'lvchange' operation

Hmm, there is no mention of cachemode change in `lvchange` man page
(nor a reference from `lvmcache` man page). Guessing at the syntax,
still no luck:

# lvchange --verbose --cachemode writeback vg_raid10/lv_var
lvchange: unrecognized option '--cachemode'
  Error during parsing of command line.

Regards,
Raman